Monday 11 May 2015

Favourite Foundation Brushes



Hi precious viewer! The pictures above contain the brushes I use often for base makeup. However, I've sorted my Holy grail foundation brushes out and they are:



1. Real Techniques Expert face Brush
I've used this since late 2013, and this is an awesome & versatile brush! I use it for liquid foundation, bronzer, blush and setting loose powder. The results everytime? Flawless and even coverage. The hair feels soft to the touch and does not tug harshly on the skin. This is THE brush I use when I'm overseas, or when I just need a simple touch up. The handle is designed in a sleek manner and till today, I have not experienced any colour bleeding/hair shedding.

2. Sigma F82 Round Kabuki Brush
3. Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
I got both brushes at the same time in mid 2013. Compared to the RT expert face brush, they are softer and glide on my skin smoother. Both brushes give me amazing coverage and pore-less finish. Great investment and very worth for the money. They do not absorb a lot of my foundation. I, however, prefer the F82 to F80. The F82 is more useful in terms of applying powder foundations. I've noticed a few strands of hair (F80) sticking out. They look like they are shedding, but they are actually still intact. I just reach for the F82 more often than F80 :)

4. Ecotools Blush brush
I got this in the ecotools set way back in 2010. It has been 5 years! This brush still works amazing. I have not experience any colour run-off or shedding. This exceeds my expectation in terms of its sustainability. Great for blushes, lose powder and powder foundations.

5. Chinese Brand: 瑾萱 Loose Powder Brush
What can I say about this? It's cheap, gathers sufficient loose powder to set my foundation, and its colour does not bleed. I got it in a set of 10 brushes for only the price of ~13SGD(excludes shipping). The pink + gold combination is so pretty. I've not experience any shedding of the brush so far.
For people living in Sg, you can check out 65daigou/sgshop to get the set from taobao. The set is rated 4.9/5 stars, you can view the link here:
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=37193212311&sku_properties=7814360:28352

6. Tarte Inspired Kabuki Brush
I also got this from taobao(China's version of Ebay). Works well with loose powder/mineral foundation. It feels so soft (almost like my sigma/RT brushes). Great to travel with. Price: 3.56 SGD excluding shipping. It's rated 4.8/ 5 stars. Link:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=38212193963

7. Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge
This is a sponge that I've just discovered and regretted not trying it earlier. It provides an even yet natural coverage. This is wonderful for my combination skin. You need to use it damp- which means my foundation will be more moisturising for the dry sections of my face. It does not absorb my foundation as much as other sponges. I also like how I can just wash a dirty sponge and use it immediately for an application. I have to wait for my makeup brushes to dry before I can even use them! Some may think that the price is hefty, but for the sake of an even complexion, an investment in makeup tool is needed.


Hope you enjoy this mini-review! I will most likely do a "What's in my travel makeup bag" very soon! Take care, Xo.

3 comments:

  1. These are some great brushes!

    Followed you back!

    swingsandcarousels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection! :)


    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment! Yes sure, I've followed you. Mind if you follow me too? Thanks sweetie ^^

      Delete